Friday, July 17, 2009

40 weeks: labor!

That's right! It's our due date and I think this is it! We're pretty sure I've been in early labor for at least the last 12 to 15 hours. We're still at home timing contractions, but hopefully it will be time to head to the hospital before too long. I joked with Troy that after a pretty textbook pregnancy that baby would probably decide to come on his or her due date. We've also been joking that s/he must take after mommy a little more than daddy. Troy is convinced the baby is a girl if for no other reason than that "she" has decided to arrive right on schedule. Labor has been manageable so far except that I was only able to get about three hours of sleep. Otherwise I feel pretty calm and positive at this point. We will get the word out as soon as we can after our little one arrives! (By the way, the final vegetable was a pumpkin, but as this pumpkin is on its way out, I'm not going to bother posting the picture.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so exciting! Good luck!!!!! Can't wait to see pics of the new arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Can't wait to hear who s/he is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck, we're thinking of you three!

    ReplyDelete