Friday, July 10, 2009

39 weeks: mini watermelon!

I'll refrain from saying "a week to go," since it could easily be more or less than that. Three days? Maybe. Two weeks? Could be. I had my 39 week appointment yesterday and have made a little more progress, but not much. I'm still at one centimeter dilated, but up slightly in the effacement department (60-70% up from 50%). The biggest change is how much baby has dropped. Our doctor said he or she is really low in my pelvis now, so that's reassuring. Whereas a week or two ago the reality of "it could be anytime now" set in, I'm back to thinking we will probably go at least until our due date. Just a hunch, though. Although I'm getting more uncomfortable and a little bored as I cross the last few things off my "to do" list and am not up for as much anymore, I feel like I can hang in there a bit longer. The advantage of baby waiting until after our due date is that my mom arrives that evening, so it would mean her being able to be here for the birth. It was really hard to decide when to have her fly out, having no idea when baby would arrive. We ended up deciding the due date would be a safe bet, since she'll be here for three weeks and the longest they would let me go is two weeks past my due date, so no matter what she would still get some time with baby. If baby were to come early, she would miss the birth but get a lot of time with the little one. Another advantage of baby cookin' a little longer is that Troy and I will be celebrating our second anniversary on Monday night at Shadowbrook Restaurant, where we also had a fabulous first anniversary dinner last year. I would hate to miss that, even though the food and room service at Sutter Maternity are supposed to be really good. Anyway, that's about it for this week. Still just waiting for Baby Turvy!

4 comments:

  1. GAH!!! BABY IS THAT CLOSE?? i was thinking we'd make it to at least the mondo pumkin size before these posts end and baby photo posts begin! just left a message on your voicemail - give me a ring if you have the chance!
    sending love from all the way over here,
    k, a & v

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun & delish anniversary celebration!! Looking forward to the time when the bebe transforms from fruit/vegetable to human ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i'm with you feeling a little annoyed at the fruits and veggies. we know it's a big ol' baby in there now, and i for one am very excited to meet her. very very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too!! I'm on pins and needles!

    ReplyDelete