This has been a busy week of work and baby prep! I'm having trouble finding time to post on the blog right now, but I feel like I've committed myself to at least these weekly posts. I can't let you down when I know you're just dying to find out what the next fruit or vegetable will be! By the way, we're onto weight again this week, so baby and a large jicama both weigh approximately 3.75 pounds.This week we had my 32 week doctor's appointment, our 5th childbirth class, a two-hour meeting with our doula, and one of my schools had a baby shower for me. All were great and got us even more excited about baby. Here's a quick summary...
According to our doctor, everything is right on track. I'm measuring perfectly average now and she thinks baby may not be all that big after all. Baby is also now head down, or at least very close to it.
Our meeting with our doula last night was probably a big highlight of the week for both of us. She is so wonderful and actually got me really excited to give birth. We both feel super comfortable with her, and what was supposed to be a one hour meeting easily turned into two hours. She is clearly so passionate about pregnancy and birth and had so much to share with us. I now feel so confident in the support I have going into the birth; I feel pretty read mentally and emotionally. Between talking about this all in so much detail and baby continuing to make him/herself so much more known (body parts sticking out all over the place, especially that big ol booty), Troy and I are both getting super excited. Baby is definitely on the mind and I had another birth dream last night. It was also a girl in this one... except then it turned into our cat. (I think that must have come from a conversation we had about how pathetically in love with our pets we are, that we can't even fathom the love we'll have for a child.)
Finally, the baby shower at school today was great and everyone really spoiled me (well us, but Troy wasn't actually there). I can't believe we have three more to look forward to!
This weekend Troy and I are heading up to the Mt. Shasta area for a little "babymoon." Friends of ours got us two nights at a cabin up there for a wedding gift that we just haven't gotten around to using. It occured to me that we better take advantage before baby arrives or it might be another couple years before we get up there. We're looking forward to what may be our last opportunity to get away together for a while, at least while it's still just the two of us... sort of. Ok, off to pack and get ready for the weekend!
Hope you enjoy the babymoon :)
ReplyDelete-Sarah & Jeff
You know, Jicama would be a beautiful name for the baby. You could call it "Hick" for short. ;0P
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely babymoon!
Have a great time up at Mt Shasta!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great 3 day weekend! You deserve it and this time to yourselves!
ReplyDeleteSo THAT"S where you guys wandered off to. We were wondering, since we tried to call you at home this weekend. Try to relax as much as possible!
ReplyDelete