Monday, May 10, 2010

uh-oh

Ewan said both "truck" and "duck" (or something very close to it) a couple times yesterday. After he said "duck" (repeating after us) when he got in the bath last night, I ran to grab the camera to try to get it on video. Well, it didn't happen, but instead I got another new word in his vocabulary, which he's been saying for a week or two now...

uh-oh from Rebecca Turvy on Vimeo.


Ewan says, "uh-oh," which he pronounces, "uh-uh" almost as much as he says "hi" these days, and generally when he has thrown something off his high chair or changing table, or, in this case, out of the bath tub. Sometimes he says it before he throws the object, showing just how premeditated an act it is. This was pretty funny initially (and sometimes still is, as evidenced by our chuckles in the video), but it's getting old pretty quickly. It's not so fun continuously having to pick things up after Ewan drops them, but I'm afraid our laughter when he first started doing it encouraged him and it's now become a bad habit.

As for "truck" and "duck," Ewan woke up this morning (at 5:30 a.m.) repeatedly saying, "uck," so he's definitely working on that new sound. Hopefully he won't be like his uncle Ian and replace the "tr" sound with "f," and shout his version of "truck" up and down the aisles of the grocery store. I can only imagine how hard that would make his daddy laugh, and how that would just encourage him more. Oh boy, I think I'm going to have to learn how to just shrug and say, "uh-uh."

1 comment:

  1. ewan is soooo cute. i especially love the part when you can just see his eyes peeking out of the tub. what a great expression. i can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete