Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today I found myself feeling, even more deeply than usual, such incredible gratitude for the opportunity to be a mother. To some extent I feel that I have chosen this path, created this life, but I also feel that it's important to recognize that sometimes there are forces beyond our control that make it easier or more difficult to find and travel the paths we choose. For the ease with which I have found mine, I am eternally grateful.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there. Since joining your ranks, I have even more respect for each of you who has done this before me. And I could not be doing it without your support.

And thank you to Troy, my amazing husband, for giving me such a lovely first Mother's Day, and much more importantly, for creating and nurturing and loving this incredible child with me. I am so blessed. I am overflowing with love and gratitude today, and every day since becoming a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment