Ewan had a major "uh-uh" yesterday morning. This time, the thing being chucked overboard was him, out of a little red wagon. Troy and his mom had taken Ewan out in the wagon for an early morning walk while I was still sleeping. The wagon had high sides on it and they propped pillows around him in it, but it does not have a belt, and they underestimated how much of a mover and a shaker he is these days (much like I did when he was six or seven months old and he rolled off our bed). Needless to say, he took a major face plant on the sidewalk. It was really scary at first, especially to Troy and Marsha. They woke me up and we rushed him to urgent care to make sure he didn't have a concussion, or worse. Luckily, he was already acting like his normal self, and he checked out ok. The doctor told us the warning signs of something more serious and told us that if there were any, they would happen within eight hours of the fall. Thankfully, he has been his normal self since then, with the exception of a more colorful face. Shortly after we left the doctor's office, I felt confident that Ewan was ok, but I was worried about Troy and his mom. Troy, especially, seemed traumatized, and he felt awful. Unfortunately, though, I think Troy will have to get used to this, especially if he wants to expose Ewan to some of his sports and hobbies, which frequently result in bumps and bruises, to say the least. Well, at least he was in favor of this blog post, so that's a good first step. In the meantime, Ewan is recovering well, and may just be looking like his handsome self again in time for our big family reunion this weekend.
oh no! but yet, pretty cute at the same time ;) glad ewan's doing ok - hang in there troy!
ReplyDelete