I made it through my week of hell at work! Just one more week of tying up loose ends, and six weeks until our due date! I can't wait to have more time to focus on preparing for baby!This week brought the birth of our friends' Greg and Yenari's baby, Hazel. After what sounds like an incredibly smooth birth, Hazel was born at approximately 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning, May 31st. Welcome Hazel! And congratulations Greg and Yenari!
We had another doctor's appointment this week, which Troy was able to attend, and we went over our birth plan. It turns out our (pregnant) doctor had recently interviewed our doula (without realizing she was our doula) for her own birth! She really liked her, but after discovering that they had a client in common and would be working together just a few weeks before her own baby was due to arrive, decided that it might be awkward to hire her as her own doula. I was glad to hear they hit it off so well, though. I'm feeling more and more confident about my "birth team." Let's just hope our baby decides to make an appearance before my doctor goes on maternity leave six days after our due date.
We're off to our Palo Alto shower tomorrow morning, #5 of 5, but the only one Troy will have attended. The women's showers have been great, but I'm glad we're doing at least one "Jack and Jill" style. Posts and photos of all the showers to come!
Congrats on making it through a nasty week. Sorry we won't be able to make it to your shower tomorrow as things are still a bit in the recovery and settling phase, but we hope you guys have an awesome time.
ReplyDelete