Thursday, June 18, 2009
nursery
We're about 95% done with the nursery, so I thought I would share some photos. The progress we've made is much thanks to Troy's mom, Marsha, who has worked really hard with us to get it to this point. She has such a knack for decorating, and I'm sure it wouldn't look nearly as nice as it does now if we didn't have her help. I have to also say that I went from thinking, in my exhausted and nauseous first trimester, that we'd save ourselves the trouble and just throw a crib in the guest room and be done with it, to thinking that maybe we'd turn it into a nursery but we'd definitely have to keep some of our things in there because there was no way in hell we'd find a place for all of our stuff, to deciding to dedicate the entire space to baby. This involved many trips to the dump and Goodwill and several craigslist postings. Amazingly, and luckily for baby, we found a place for all of our things. Now we find this newly created space the nicest and most peaceful in the house. Here are a couple photos Troy snapped of me when he came home from work yesterday and caught me in there exhausted and gliding on the glider, putting the last of the baby clothes on hangers:
And now for the photos of the nursery, more of which can be found here:



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The nursery looks so sweet, serene, and peaceful! I can't wait to sit in the glider with my grandbaby in my arms. I like the open shelves/closet. I remember having to say "nite, nite" to all your stuffed animals at bedtime.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grandma Beth
Looks awesome, and much more organized that our situation...especially since Hazel's room is now occupied by her grandmother and great aunt!
ReplyDeleteThe open-closet is a brilliant idea! The animals quilt is very cute :)
ReplyDeleteVery cute! It looks so nice and cozy =)
ReplyDeletethis room is beyond gorgeous. it looks like it's straight out of a catalog. i want to come live there! (and, i can't wait to see the photos of it a few weeks after baby has come...!)
ReplyDeleteI love it! (I'm catching up on your blog now that I'm on summer vacation) I'm so excited for you! You're all ready!
ReplyDelete