Friday, June 19, 2009

36 weeks: crenshaw melon!

I got me a six pound crenshaw melon!

Well, it's been a week of nesting, which I've found to be a very real phenomenon. For example, I just got done cleaning the top of the refrigerator and all the baseboards in the house. This comes as quite a shock to my normally non-domestic self. It's not that I'm particularly enjoying the cleaning and organizing; it's more of a compulsion. I'd much rather be at the beach, but I can't seem to tear myself away from the house. I have made a lot of progress preparing for baby, though, such as washing all the baby clothes and bedding, getting some solid leads on daycare for the fall, and getting the carseat at least partially figured out. In that particular process I learned that, for men, taking the car and carseat to a fire station for inspection is the equivalent of stopping to ask for directions. I think I'll be sneaking off to do that on my own. And hopefully I won't get myself in trouble for having just said that.

Despite our disagreements over matters such as carseat installation, another presumably hormone-driven urge I'm having trouble with is the need to constantly be within 10 feet of baby daddy. This comes as a shock to my normally very independent self, and probably to Troy's normally very independent self, too, but it's also led to some good times together. I'm having a bit of a tough time right now, though, because I dropped him off at the airport at 6:00 this morning to fly to Chicago for his cousin's wedding. (Congratulations, Sarah and David!) While normally a little time to myself is much cherished, I'm missing my man a lot right now. He will be back Sunday, though, and in the meantime I have something else to look forward to. Troy's younger sister and brother, Mary and Jimmy, are coming into town tomorrow and will be staying with us for nine days. They are really fun to have around and we're super excited about their visit! So, my plan for this upcoming week is to put the nesting on hold and actually have a bit of a real vacation before baby arrives. Hopefully baby can hold out for at least another week, and so far there are no indications that s/he won't.

By the way, I know we're due for more belly shots, but they'll be a little late this time around since Troy is away and took the good camera with him. Soon, though, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. we took the carseat to the fire station and were so glad we did. the guy there was unbelievably nice and helpful and while we had installed it correctly on our own, we didn't know the secrets to getting it REALLY TIGHT. I highly recommend you go.

    ReplyDelete