Friday, April 3, 2009

25 weeks: rutabaga!

Ah, Greg and Yenari, it seems like just yesterday that you were telling me that your little girl was the weight of a rutabaga. I peeked ahead to see what she is now: about four navel oranges! How fast they grow! What the heck is a rutabaga anyway? It sounds like something we would get from our CSA and have no idea what to do with.

Well, I'm officially on spring break! First item on my agenda: gestational diabetes screening. I have to go to the lab and drink a big sugary drink, then sit there for an hour, at which point they will measure my blood sugar. Then off to the gym and to pick up the dry cleaning. I know, livin' the spring break dream like every good 20-something. Actually, it will get a bit more fun and relaxing after that. Tomorrow morning I fly out to NY to visit my family for the week. I'm also planning on driving down to Maryland to visit my best bud, Mariah, and either her 39+ week pregnant self or her post-partum self and newborn boy, depending on whether he makes an appearance before then, and her 29- or 30-year-old self, depending on whether I make it down before her birthday on April 7th. Actually, Mariah is planning on having a homebirth and her baby boy is seeming ready to make his grand entrance any day now, so we're hoping the timing will work out so that I'll actually get to be there for the birth. Also while I'm back east, my mom is throwing me a small baby shower next Saturday (#1 of 5; we are ridiculously spoiled), so there will be lots to blog about during or after this trip. It will be nice to focus on the pregnancy and baby again, and to be with family and friends, after what has been a long and stressful work week!

6 comments:

  1. Wahoo!! I can't wait to see you and your rutabega belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rebecca! Nice rutabega! Our little babe (due Oct 4th) was a "medium shrimp" this week, which I immediately nixed, since nothing grosses me out more than seafood right now (except, maybe, hard boiled eggs). We decided to rename it a pomegranate for the week. Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well - I'll definately follow along so that I can see what's in store for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how crazy it gets visiting family, but if you've got some free time or are in the city, call me to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see that it is pumpkin at the end? Holy wa, our bodies are going to be feelin funky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Troy and Becca!

    This blog is really cool. Troy, I think your belly is lagging behind Becca's a little. Take care of baby Turvy. We miss you guys and Jimmy and I can't wait to come see you this summer!

    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, don't know what a rutabaga is either..sorry! Hope you're having a great time in Sugar Loaf - say hi to your family for me!

    ReplyDelete