A little late on this one, but here we go:The stats:
Weight: 19 pounds, 75th percentile (two months ago he was 17 pounds, 87th percentile)
Length: 29.5 inches, 99.5th percentile (two months ago he was 28 inches, 99.7th percentile)
Head circumference: 18 inches, 93rd percentile (two months ago he was 17.75 inches, 98th percentile)
Weight-for-length percentile: between 5th and 10th (This surprises me because he seems to me to have plenty of cute baby fat, and the boy can eat. I guess he's just a skinny minny like his daddy. Did I say that? I mean a big strong guy like his daddy.)
Speaking of daddy, this month Ewan has fallen madly in love with Troy, as well as the other members of our immediate family, Clyde Dog and Lola Kitty. They get all kinds of grins that I don't seem to get. I think Mama gets taken for granted a bit. Ewan seems to recognize the names of these family members, too. For example, when you say, "Where's Lola Kitty?" he'll gaze around the room until he finds her, then flash a huge smile. He's started petting the animals, too, and they proved to be generally pretty patient with him.
Other new things this month include:
- babbling ("ba ba ba" and "ma ma ma")
- pat-patting everything
- the backward bye-bye wave and watching his hand with fascination as he does it
- moving, albeit inefficiently, across the floor (rolling both directions, scooting, squirming, pivoting, etc.). He loves the wooden floor because he can slide and pivot so easily and usually tries to make his way over to it from the rug or blanket. It surprised us the first few times we left the room for a minute and came back only to find Ewan in the same position but a good three feet over from where we left him, gnawing on an entirely different toy.
- sitting, almost. He still usually needs some support, but can sit unassisted for up to a minute or so before toppling over.
- eating solids and drinking from a sippy cup (I'm still working on another post on that.)
I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I think those are the biggies this month. Happy half-birthday Ewan!
That's our boy, Ewan!!!!!!! I can't believe how much he has changed and grown since we saw him at Christmas!!!!!!!!! Love, Aunt Nancy XO
ReplyDeletewhat a cutie!
ReplyDeleteewan is so big and beautiful! i can't believe how much he looks like you in the photo, bec! i think it's the eyes, or the shape of the face. what a sweetie! i miss you guys, can't wait till our next visit!
ReplyDeleteSomeone was in my office yesterday and happened to see that picture of Ewan, and she said, "He's just an advertisement for babies, isn't he?" :0) And I agree with Mariah that he looks a lot like pictures I've seen of you when you were little.
ReplyDelete