Thursday, February 26, 2009

ultrasound!

Well, the ultrasound showed only one extra large heirloom tomato. Everything looked really good and baby appears healthy! It's a squirmer, though. It gave us one great head shot, then looked away and buried it's little head. Camera shy. The doctor commented that the little one did seem active and she said that's a good thing. They never worry about babies being too active. Part of me was hoping to "accidentally" find out the sex (I had two dreams that that happened - in the first it was a girl, in the second a boy), but it didn't happen. We were good and told her we didn't want to know and she was very careful (except I could have sworn she referred to it as "he" at one point). I think Troy was proud of me that I didn't peek when she told us to turn our heads as she scrolled down to the southern regions of baby's body. She also said that the baby is measuring a little big and she gave us an estimated delivery date of 7/9/09, as opposed to the original 7/17/09 based on our dates. I'm not sure which will be the official date, although it doesn't really matter because it's only an estimate anyway. We're thinking 07/08/09 would be cool, or it could be a great second anniversary gift for us (7/13/09), or could land on a number of other family birthdays and anniversaries that happen to fall around that time. We'll see! Overall, we were thrilled with the appointment and great news that everything points to a healthy baby! We can't stop looking at the picture of our little fella (or fellarita, as Troy says). Here s/he is...

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! Glad to hear that everything is looking good and you only have one kid in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, little niece or nephew! Look at that big ol' head!

    ReplyDelete