Monday, February 23, 2009

out of the mouths of babes

One way to find out if you actually look pregnant as opposed to just a little thick through the middle is to spend time around kids. While most adults know better than to ask a woman if she is expecting if it is at all questionable, kids do not fear the humiliation of both parties if they are wrong. At least five little ones at my elementary school asked me today if I am having a baby, so clearly I officially look pregnant (although one little girl also asked me that several months ago, before I was pregnant - yikes). The best, though, is their reactions. A few of my favorites:
"Eww! Are you gonna puke on us?" ~3rd grade boy
"Have you had any of those crazy mood swings?" ~5th grade girl
And the best:
"Ooooh, I know how you got that baby in there!" ~4th grade girl
Gotta love 'em.

1 comment:

  1. you should ask the 4th grader: HOW? and i bet her answer would be pretty good.

    ReplyDelete