
Ok, I'm 19 weeks pregnant and have finally decided to give this blog thing a try. So many of my friends now have blogs and I've found myself thinking enough about what I would post if I did have a blog that I decided just to go for it.
The title of this post is a reference to this week's email from babycenter.com. You can subscribe to this website's newsletter, which will keep track of the progress of your pregnancy and send you an email every week telling you what week you're in and what fruit or vegetable your baby is the size of, in addition to facts about what's going on with baby and mama at that particular stage. I really look forward to these emails and Troy and I have fun guessing what food our baby is going to be this week.
Things are going really well with the pregnancy at this point. I had a doctor's appointment this Thursday and the doctor said everything looks good, but that I have been measuring consistently a little on the big side (not necessarily my whole belly, although that seems big to me, but my actual uterus, which they can measure from the outside). I've suspected that baby might be big, too, because I've been feeling some pretty significant movements for a few weeks now. Everything I read seems to say that if I'm feeling anything at this point, it would be the occasional subtle flutter. Well, this baby is not fluttering; it's definitely kicking or elbowing or head-butting or just butting or something, and pretty frequently. Troy and I have both been able to feel it from the outside and I've been able to see it. A teacher at work who has two children of her own thinks we're having twins. Our ultrasound is coming up this Thursday, 2/26, so that will answer a lot of our questions. In the meantime, I have a few theories:
1. The teacher is right - it's twins, or, according to Troy, 9 babies (what would that be called?), and we're going to beat that octuplet lady. Doubt it, though. Multiples don't run in either of our families, and I think we would have picked up on the extra heartbeat(s).
2. Somehow our dates are wrong and we're further along than we think. Doubt that, too, though. Troy will tell you how anal I was about keeping track of everything while we were trying. We're pretty sure of our dates.
3. Baby is just taking after mama and the rest of the Dukes and has HUGE feet, and that's what I'm feeling and what's taking up so much room in there. Aww, our future barefoot water skier!
4. Again, somehow, the father is not actually Troy, but, I don't know, this dude...
Just kidding, Troy. I promise I won't have to take you on Maury.
HOORAY! great post - i can't wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteWill the baby be the same size as a squash or some other "gourd" next week?
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world and thanks for the tip on the babycenter weekly email. We just signed up and it looks like Yenari's lugging around a 13.5 inch rutabaga!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your Heirloom (or bushel of Heirlooms). I look forward to hearing more good times.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! Babies, Babies everywhere! Wow...what if it's 2? I have a lot of experience as a "SUPER" aunt. I'm kind of like a human "SUPER" food. I can't wait! Please put me on the "Ant" (as Matt and Jake write) list. No one likes heirloom tomatoes more than I do! Much love, Jen
ReplyDelete