Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy birthday, Troy!

Happy (belated) birthday to my best grown-up guy! Troy turned the big 4-0 on Monday. We were supposed to have a little beach party the day before, but it rained, so that night just Troy and I went out and had a really nice dinner while Marsha and Roger babysat. Monday, Troy's actual birthday, Ewan and I drove up and surprised him at work, along with his mom and Roger and all the partners of his company. We had a lunch catered, and Marsha brought in balloons and cake. Troy took off early that afternoon and we had some family time at a park in Scotts Valley, followed by a more kid-friendly dinner out. Overall, it was pretty low-key for a 40th, but I think that's how things tend to go once you have kids. We do plan to do more celebrating one of these coming weekends with a trip to Santa Barbara, though. Troy's gift from me (or at least partially from me) is a custom-shaped surfboard, which he may get down there or may end up getting here in Santa Cruz. Either way, we plan to head south for a family road trip before Christmas. Anyway, here are a few photos from the birthday festivities...

Surprise!
The Mediterraneo crew:

Oh Lordy...
The boys at Sky Park:

Happy birthday, Troy! Ewan and I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment