Monday, November 15, 2010

Ewan and Jun

A mini Batchie reunion took place last Thursday, which made me feel at least a little better about missing the big Batchie reunion that took place a couple weeks ago. Teresa was in town for a few days for business and brought her eight-month-old baby, Jun, who I hadn't yet met. We met up at a park in Santa Cruz for an hour or two, so it was a short visit, but a fun one. Jun is super cute and sweet, and she and Ewan were pretty adorable together. They mostly did the parallel play thing, but Ewan was also very affectionate and gentle with her. He would lean in every once in a while like he was going to give her a kiss, then just press his forehead against her, like a really gentle headbutt. It looked something like this:
And a few more photos:
And the video... Ewan enjoyed practicing saying Jun's name, and he laughed every time he said it. I'm not sure whether he was getting such a kick out of saying her name or out of her herself, but either way it was cute. So here I am trying to get him to say it, but instead this is what I got for asking him a question while he was taking a sip of water:

Ewan and Jun from Rebecca Turvy on Vimeo.

Ewan and I are both obsessed with this video. I like the water spitting and when Ewan finally takes an interest in Jun, and the fact that that tough little peanut of a girl pushes my big bruiser out of the way. Ewan's favorite part, however, is when Jun clobbers him and he gets pouty and fussy. He thinks that's hilarious, and he keeps asking for "Jun!" And then he throws a big old tantrum when I decide that 19 times is enough and we're not going to play it a 20th.

Anyway, it was a fun little mini reunion and I hope we can all find ourselves in one place at one time before too long for the ultimate reunion!

4 comments:

  1. The funniest thing is that night, Jun started headbutting everything and then smiling. I couldn't figure out where she got it from, but maybe Ewan's "kisses" have something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute and funny - ewan and jun are adorable! and the video is hysterical, can't wait to show oliver!

    ReplyDelete