Thursday, September 30, 2010

Kevin and Jenn's wedding

We've had a busy last few weeks! The weekend before last, I was a bridesmaid in my friends' Kevin and Jenn's wedding in Pismo Beach. It was a weekend packed full of festivities (especially because I was in the actual wedding) starting Thursday night, so Thursday evening after work, we packed up the car and our little family drove down to Pismo. Ewan went to sleep for the night in the car and slept pretty well the whole way. We arrived late that night, so we missed the welcome bonfire, but we got up early Friday morning ready for action.

I spent the day Friday at a bridal shower for Jenn, getting my nails done with the bridesmaids, and at the wedding rehearsal. Troy and Ewan had some major bonding time, and it went really well. We were worried about that night, however, when Troy and I would both be attending the rehearsal dinner and leaving Ewan with a babysitter whom none of us had ever met (but who was recommended to us by Kevin and Jenn's "cake lady"). This was at the height of Ewan's separation anxiety, and he had had a pretty rough couple of days at day care just before we left. We were prepared for the worst. However, we were somewhat reassured when the babysitter arrived and Ewan seemed to warm up to her right away. He did start crying when we left, though. Troy and I were wimps and texted the babysitter about halfway through the dinner to see how things were going, and she said that Ewan had been great and she had just gotten him to sleep! Yes! We really relaxed after hearing that, and thoroughly enjoyed an amazing dinner with wonderful company. When we arrived back at the hotel, Ewan had just woken up, but the babysitter had him almost back to sleep. Overall, the night went much better than expected and it sounds like there were very few tears.

Saturday, I spent the day getting ready with the bridesmaids and taking photos of the process. Ewan and Troy had yet more bonding time and had a good time together. I took over a hundred photos of the bridal party getting ready, but I'll post the most important one and my personal favorite: the bride just after she put on her gown. Is she stunning or what?
The ceremony was beautiful and amazing, and everything went smoothly after a few little glitches earlier in the afternoon (such as the florist locking her keys in her car along with several of the boutonnieres). Troy unfortunately missed the beginning of the ceremony because he was trying to get Ewan to fall asleep in the stroller and it took longer than expected, but he made it for most of it and Ewan stayed asleep. And the reception was just as amazing as the ceremony. It was so special and personal and represented so well who Kevin and Jenn are. It just confirmed to me why I love them both so much.

We all had a great time, and Ewan was such a trooper. After the late nap, he was able to stay up with us for a while and party, although he was so exhausted by 9:30 or 10:00 that Troy decided to take him back to the hotel room. Apparently he passed out in the stroller within 30 seconds of getting outside. Troy was able to transfer him to the bed, change his diaper, and put on his pajamas without him so much as stirring. He was still asleep when I got home a couple hours later.

After my boys left, I had so much fun hanging out with one of my best buds, Amber (who was also a huge help with Ewan before he left), the bride and groom, bridal party, and other friends. Perhaps the most fun was the photo booth they had set up. It seems like a new trend with weddings, where they set up an actual booth, or just a backdrop to make it look like photo booth style photos, and you can take turns going in and posing in your best photo booth style poses. They had a ton of props to use, too, including wigs, glasses, swords, fake teeth, etc. I cannot wait to see those photos! We got a little crazy in there by the end of the night.

I took hundreds of photos at the rehearsal dinner and during the day on Saturday, so we didn't get many at the actual reception, but I'll close by posting a few...

Party boy:
Amber and me (reminiscent of a photo from our senior prom, especially because Amber was wearing the same dress!):

With Ewan:
Our family:

4 comments:

  1. that bride is hot...

    what wonderful pictures becca and i love the write-up. thanks for everything that weekend - it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! And I meant to end with a big CONGRATULATIONS to Kevin and Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. big congrats to kevin and jenn - stunning bride photo! and the other photos are great as well. you all look so happy and beautiful. it sounds like a wonderful weekend was had by all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete