That's right, this past Saturday was my 30th birthday! Having a baby and turning 30 within a three month time span is almost too much to process. How did this happen?! Actually, I'm feeling really good about it. It helps that almost all of my friends are already in their 30s and some in their 40s. I still feel like the baby. The baby with a baby, that is.
I had a fabulous birthday weekend that started with Troy taking Ewan and letting me sleep in until 10:00 Saturday morning (actually, they were gone even longer than that so I could have slept even later if I had wanted to). Saturday afternoon, Marsha, Shannon (who's in town on business), and Lily came down, as well as our friends Brian and Sara. Marsha and Shannon watched Lily and Ewan for the evening while we went out to dinner and drinks with a bunch of people to celebrate. Ewan did great with his Nannas, as usual, and we had a blast! It was so nice to enjoy a good meal as slowly as I wanted to with BOTH hands, have grown-up conversation and listen to grown-up music, and of course have a few grown-up drinks. On Sunday, Troy and Ewan took me on a shopping spree downtown and bought me five pairs of shoes! Troy is a shoe guy, believe it or not, and has always been opinionated about my shoes, so I told him he could just go ahead and take me shopping for some. So that's what he did, and he totally spoiled me. Ewan was amazing during the 4.5 hour spree; he just hung out in his stroller and chewed on his hands almost the whole time. Now the question is how I'll deal with the indecision of which shoes to wear every morning, when in the past the the only decision was black or brown, sneakers or flip-flops.
Ewan's favorite part of the whole weekend was the balloon that Marsha and Shannon brought for me, pictured above. He's still enjoying it, and it's been such a great source of entertainment that I've managed to get a thing or two done around the house while he hangs out and stares at and talks to it. Where do I get more of these? I think I'm going to panic when it starts to deflate!
To close, here are a few photos of my 30-year-old self with my favorite little guy:
Those pictures of the two of you, with him in the overalls, are the best ever. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I just leaned in to kiss the computer screen. (Luckily, no one else here in the office can see me.)
I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday! Sorry we didn't make it to have some drinks with you guys. And ditto on the pics of you and your little man - you look great and he's got some super cute smiles =)
Happy Birthday Becca! And can we see some of these shoes?
ReplyDeleteThose pictures of the two of you, with him in the overalls, are the best ever. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I just leaned in to kiss the computer screen. (Luckily, no one else here in the office can see me.)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a wonderful birthday! Sorry we didn't make it to have some drinks with you guys. And ditto on the pics of you and your little man - you look great and he's got some super cute smiles =)
ReplyDeletehappy birthday, hot mama! love you and your little one.
ReplyDelete