Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gram's visit

My mom was here for the last few days for the first time since Ewan was born. Of course we'd seen her back in NY, but it was great to have her back on this coast. The time flew by, but we had fun playing with Ewan and taking him to the park and Mothersong, going for walks, going out for lunch, and (something my mom and I always manage to fit in) shopping. And she captured a few good Ewan moments with her camera...

On our first day out on the town, our attempt to have lunch out almost failed when my usually happy baby turned totally fussy, but when our food arrived, he got his hands on something that turned his mood around and occupied him for long enough for us to eat our lunch and then some...Later that same day, Ewan found something he came to love even more than toast: a baby doll! My mom knelt down with him to show him this doll and he showed it more affection than I've ever seen him show anyone or anything. Kisses, hugs, grins, coos, and pat-pats. I think this boy needs a doll! (He also loves real babies, but we're not ready to give him one of those yet.)We had a lot of other adventures, but didn't get them all on camera. But I did get a couple cute photos of Ewan with his Gram:We love you and miss you Gram!

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me? You're considering getting Ewan a DOLL? I will not have you warping my nephew's gender identity! He'll grow up thinking he's a girl! A girly, doll-playing, baby-loving GIRL! I'm putting together a care package for him right now, with the guns and swords and G.I. Joes that he so clearly needs.

    ...April Fool!

    Seriously: the pictures of Ewan getting all lovey-dovey with that doll are so cute! (But you know Catherine Newman, who wrote "Waiting for Birdy"? She did a blog post once about buying her son a baby doll, and people *flipped out*.)

    I can't wait to see you and Ewan in June.

    ReplyDelete