Troy and I went on our first post-baby date last night, while his mom and step-dad (Ewan's Nanas and Papa Rog) babysat. We decided to go see the Santa Cruz Derby Girls because I thought it was about the only thing that could sufficiently distract me from the fact that I was away from my baby. It turned out it worked. We had a blast, and while Ewan was always somewhere in the back of my mind, I found I was able to completely focus on the game. (It helped to have wonderful, loving grandparents as babysitters.) The SCDG Boardwalk Bombshells lost, but barely. It was a really close, really exciting bout, and we had front row seats!
Turns out Ewan did just fine without us, too. He cheered on the Girls from home:Here he is imitating the tough face of his favorite Derby Girl, Brawley Parton: Do you think he got enough love and attention from his grandparents? Thanks Marsha and Roger! When can we get out to the movies? (Guaranteed response from Marsha, Ewan's doting Nanas: How's tomorrow?) Aren't we lucky?!
Oh man, so cute! Ewan is way too adorable and I'm glad you and Troy had a fun time out. I will definitely have to check out the Girls next time I'm out there, find out what I'm missing!
That's great, guys! I'm glad you all had such a good time. I have to say, I love the T-shirt. I can tell Ewan loves it too...
ReplyDeletei swear, your kid just keeps getting cuter and cuter!
ReplyDeleteOh man, so cute! Ewan is way too adorable and I'm glad you and Troy had a fun time out. I will definitely have to check out the Girls next time I'm out there, find out what I'm missing!
ReplyDelete